Cancer is so widespread, it causes more deaths in a year than TB, HIV AIDS and Malaria combined. Around 13% deaths in the world are caused by cancer. It doesn’t matter if there’s a history of cancer in your family or not. There are enough carcinogenic things in the world that can cause cancer to a healthy person; take food for instance. “No doubt, there are cancerous food and additives that most of us consume daily” says Dr Vikas Goswami.
While some foods increase the risk of cancer, there are certain foods known to have protective elements that can stall cancer. Dr Vikas Goswami, recommends including all these cancer preventive foods in our daily diet.
Cancer preventive foods:-
- Boiled Broccoli
- Kiwi Fruit
- Green Peas
- Grapes and Raisins
- Whole Egg
- Bran Cereal
Foods mentioned in the list contain DNA-repairing minerals which are cancer-preventive in nature. Garlic has sulfur compounds known for stimulating natural defenses of the immune system and reducing the size of cancerous tumor. Tomato, carrots, lemons, etc., have antioxidants that help in fighting cancer.
Besides adding these foods to your diet, you should also make some changes to your existing lifestyle and food habits.
- Ditch white rice. Eat brown rice instead
- Use whole-grain bread instead of white bread
- Substitute a bran muffin for pastry or croissant
- Get popcorn instead of potato chips
- Instead of fried potato fries, eat a baked potato
- Avoid canned and processed foods at all cost. Processed foods are highly carcinogenic in nature.
- Fill your tacos, burgers and casseroles with beans. Bring down your consumption of ground meat.
- Try hummus instead of canned dips for bread sticks.
Adapting to these changes in eating habits will surely make a difference for.