Dr. Vikas Goswami is a highly experienced Medical Oncology Senior Consultant at Max Healthcare (Vaishali and Greater Noida). Prior to joining Max Hospital, he was associated with Fortis Group of hospitals & IOSPL. He is a well-trained medical oncologist with great recognition and reputation at a national and international level. Time and again he has received a lot of applause for his ethical as well as professional clinical approach.
He holds a graduate degree from one of the top medical institutes, the prestigious Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi. He then completed his training in Internal Medicine from the reputed Gandhi Medical College in Bhopal. He attained further specialization in the field of Medical Oncology by undergoing a vigorous 3 year training and post doctorate in Oncology from the esteemed National Board of Examinations from Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute & Research Institute, Delhi. It is worth noticing that very few doctors in India have such an impressive qualification record.
The best thing about Dr. Vikas Goswami is that he is extremely passionate about his work and workds hard for the wellbeing of his patients. He is an excellent speaker and shares his knowledge of oncology in the form of paper presentations while participating in national & international conferences and workshops.
Presentations and Publications
- To study the efficacy and tolerability of cetuximab based chemotherapy in metastatic colorectal cancer in a tertiary care hospital in India—RGCON 2013 New Delhi-2nd PRIZE
- Treatment of MDS with hypomethylating agents: Experience of a tertiary care cancer centre—ISMPO 2012 Vizag—3rd PRIZE
- Small Cell Cancer of Gall Bladder – A case series—ISMPO 2012, Vizag
- Synchronous Embryonal Rhabdomyosarcoma (NOS) of the Mid-oesophagus and Stomach –Journal of Gastrointestinal Cancer September 2012, Volume 43, Issue 1 Supplement, pg 217-220
- To study the efficacy and tolerability of PACS-01 protocol based chemotherapy in Triple Negative Breast Cancer patients at a tertiary care hospital in India—ACOS 2012, Seoul, Korea
- NK1 Receptor Antagonist Aprepitant use for the control of chemotherapy induced nausea and vomiting (CINV) ISMPO-2011, Bhubaneshwar.
- To study the efficacy and tolerability of Ixabepilone and capecitabine based chemotherapy as second line therapy in metastatic breast cancer patients at a tertiary care hospital in India –ISMPO 2011, Bhubaneshwar
- The European Society of Medical Oncology Medical, ESMO-MORA recertification.- 66points.
- Clinical Care Options CME Points – 11 points.
- Attended the national conference RGCON New Delhi, 2011, 2012 & 2013.
- Attended the ESMO HEMATOLOGY CONFERENCE ,2012, Mumbai.
- Attended the ICON national conference, 2012, Bangalore.
- Attended 2nd annual ESMO conference, 2012, New Delhi.
- Attended the national ISMPO conference, 2011 & 2012.
- Attended the YOUNG ONCOLOGIST MEET, 2011, HYDERABAD.
- Handling of casualty, oncological emergency, dangerously ill In-Patients.
- Handling of Out Patient related to hematological malignancy and solid organ malignancy.
- Proficient in procedures such as bone marrow aspirations & biopsy , ascitic and pleural fluid tapping , lumbar puncture for CSF tapping , intra thecal chemotherapy administration.
- Experience in History-taking, undertaking routine & diagnostic investigations & daily ward rounds.
- Coordinating with the emergency team to ensure prompt response to emergencies.
- Interfacing with specialists & multi-specialty units to ensure world class standards of patient care.
- Ensuring and monitoring administration of chemotherapy drugs to patients.
- Handling patient counseling sessions.
- Extensive hands-on experience in basic general medicine as well as complexities of subspeciality of internal medicine
- Tutoring & giving lectures to undergraduates, interns, junior residents and student nurses.
- Successfully conducting medical conferences and CME’s.